We were recently asked for our thoughts on the new Premier League season by FourFourTwo magazine.
Here’s what we had to say;
– Top four finish & an FA Cup victory. We’re still to visit the new Wembley and a trophy would be nice. Champions League qualification is by far our priority though.
– Not sure anything can be more of a nightmare than what we experienced last year, but Dalglish somehow being sacked and Suarez & Carroll having a bust-up might do it!
Our fans think our team is…
– On the verge of something great. Maybe not in terms of personnel on the pitch immediately but we see the vision and things being put into place off the pitch ready for long term success.
Other fans think our team is….
– Struggling to ever be the force that we once were.
Best away fans in your division:
– I’ll have to go with Newcastle. We know how it feels to have a nightmare owner rinsing the club dry.
Best away ground in your division…
– I love Craven Cottage for it’s nostalgic feel and the atmosphere is always great in the away end when we play there. Not a fan of most modern stadiums.
Manager’s popularity out of 10…
– Is there a more popular manager in the country? 10. And some.
Where will you finish this season?…
– Third, fourth of fifth, depending on how some of the other competitors for the top 4 spend this summer.
Unsung hero at the club…
– Dirk Kuyt and Lucas Leiva have been much maligned but when the going got tough last season, they proved their worth and were arguably our two best players. Says a lot.
Opposition player you despise…
– Gary Neville has retired, El Hadji Diouf remains, John Terry is pretty despicable and Mr Torres isn’t exactly Mr Popular anymore. Take your pick!
Opposition player you secretly admire…
– United’s Hernandez. Quality little player and unfortunately could be around for a few years to come. The signing of last summer.
If away fans do just one thing thing when they travel to your ground?
– Pay your respects at the Hillsborough Memorial and ensure you are fully educated on what really happened that day. Don’t take The Sun newspaper with you.
Crunch fixture/crunch period next season:
– February and March sees us face Spurs, United, Everton and Arsenal in succession. Make or break.
Do you think you paid over the odds for Jordan Henderson?
– Possibly, but it’s similar to the Carroll signing, only time will tell.
Is there anything Kenny Dalglish could actually do this season that would lower fans’ estimation of him?
– There’s things he could do, but he won’t do them as he understands the club, it’s history and supporters.
You can find a full season preview from all the Premier League sides in this months FourFourTwo magazine.
What do you think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.