- Saying goodbye isn’t easy, but it is needed for progress
- Premier League Fixtures: Liverpool start against Stoke
- Wednesday’s LFC Transfer Reports: FIVE deals imminent
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: The versatile midfielder who can give Rodgers many options
- Pepe Reina: A victim of his own success
- Part 2 of our Exclusive Interview with the Radio City Sports Team
Liverpool lose appeal over Doni red card
Liverpool have lost their appeal over the red card handed to second choice goalkeeper Alexander Doni during the Reds’ 3-2 victory over Blackburn on Tuesday night.
Doni, standing in for the suspended Pepe Reina, was sent off after bringing down Rovers midfielder Junior Hoilett.
Liverpool had argued to the FA that Doni was not the last man when he made the tackle and therefore did not deny a goalscoring opportunity.
It was only his second appearance for the club and means he will miss Saturday’s FA Cup Semi-Final against Everton at Wembley, which Reina is also suspended for.
Australian Brad Jones will now definitely start for Liverpool in goal on Sunday, with fourth choice goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi recalled from a loan spell at Hull City to take his place on the bench.
Liverpool vs Everton gets underway at 12.30pm on Saturday lunchtime.