- Saying goodbye isn’t easy, but it is needed for progress
- Premier League Fixtures: Liverpool start against Stoke
- Wednesday’s LFC Transfer Reports: FIVE deals imminent
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: The versatile midfielder who can give Rodgers many options
- Pepe Reina: A victim of his own success
- Part 2 of our Exclusive Interview with the Radio City Sports Team
6 inspiring quotes from new LFC boss, Brendan Rodgers
The imminent appointment of Brendan Rodgers as Liverpool manager has been met with a lot of support from the Reds faithful, but also a few puzzled expressions and outbursts of discontent.
We hope that these six quotes from Rodgers over the last few years of his managerial career at Watford, Reading and Swansea will inspire those small number of fans currently not backing Rodgers, to back our manager.
Welcome to Liverpool FC, Brendan Rodgers.
“My big dream is to be a highly successful football manager whose methods provide innovation for youth and senior footballers and coaches.”
“If you are better than your opponent with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game.”
“Our idea is to pass teams to a standstill so they can no longer come after you. Eventually you wear them down.”
“I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings. I’m learning lessons all the time.”
“My template for everything is organisation. With the ball you have to know the movement patterns, the rotation, the fluidity and positioning of the team. When we have the football everybody’s a player.”
“We [Rodgers and Jose Mourinho] had a similar philosophy – we believed in the passion for football and the organisation. And he worked at a big club before becoming a manager.”