- Liverpool FC reveal type of transfer targets they want
- All about Iago Aspas – The Spanish forward linked with Liverpool
- Liverpool FC issue hands-off warning over Suarez
- LFC End of Season Awards 2012/13
- Video: BBC Hillsborough Panorama – How police buried the truth
- A View From the Paddock – Liverpool 1-0 QPR
Downing back to Boro speculation increases
Stewart Downing could be heading back to Middlesbrough, according to reports in the media on Tuesday.
The Liverpool winger played for Boro for eight years before moving to Aston Villa in 2009, from where he signed for Liverpool for around £20m in 2011.
The Northern Echo reports that a deal may even done before Thursday’s loan deadline for the Championship. They claim the player is keen on the move back to his hometown club.
A number of Premier League clubs are interested in making a January move to end his Anfield frustrations after falling out of favour with manager Brendan Rodgers.
But with the prospect of spending the next six weeks or more out of the first team picture, Downing is understood to be attracted by the prospect of moving back to Teesside this week.
Reports last week suggested Liverpool were prepared to cut their losses and even allow Downing to move for free this January, in order to free up wages.
Downing made 46 appearances under Kenny Dalglish last season but has only started one League game under Brendan Rodgers – the 3-0 opening day defeat to West Brom. More recently he has failed to make the bench for Premier League games and only found himself included in Europa League.