- LFC Squad Review: Should They Stay or Should They Go Now?
- Liverpool FC reveal type of transfer targets they want
- All about Iago Aspas – The Spanish forward linked with Liverpool
- Liverpool FC issue hands-off warning over Suarez
- LFC End of Season Awards 2012/13
- Video: BBC Hillsborough Panorama – How police buried the truth
Liverpool to sign Norweigan Vegard Forren – Reports
Liverpool are on the verge of signing Norweigan centre-back Vegard Forren from FC Molde for a reported fee of £4m.
Reliable Norweigan TV2 report that Modle have accepted a bid for the player and he will undergo a medical on Tuesday.
Forren, 24, has been linked with rivals Everton and Man United in recent weeks and has been likened to Arsenal centre-back Thomas Vermalaen, or indeed Liverpool’s Daniel Agger. Forren is left-footed and comfortable on the ball.
He made his competitive debut for Norway in October last year. The Norweigan LFC website, liverpoolblogg.no, describe Forren as having “Played all 30 games this season in Norway (Molde), made huge strides and a national regular now. Great on the ball, great on the head, leftfooted, can also play left back. A playing centerback, like Agger.”
They claim Liverpool first scouted Forran as far back as 2008, and that Southampton and Fulham are also interested in him.
Forren’s arrival is expected to mean Sebastian Coates will head out on loan this January.
UPDATE: The Liverpool Echo tonight claim reports of a deal for Forren are “premature” but that he will train with the club on a trial.