Mohamed Salah is said to have been the subject of an enquiry from Barcelona during his Liverpool contract talks, while the club’s new away kit for 2022/23 has seemingly been leaked.
Sorry Barca, he’s ours!
Three days after Salah committed his long-term future to Liverpool with a new three-year contract, news of one club who were interested in taking him away from Anfield has emerged.
Writing in The Athletic this morning, James Pearce claims that Barcelona “were one of several top European clubs” who made contact with Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas Issa about his contract situation at Liverpool.
That should come as no surprise, given Barcelona have been linked with every forward under the sun in the last 12 months.
Pearce also states that Liverpool have been impressed with Salah’s attitude throughout the negotiations, including his conduct around the club’s young players, with Harvey Elliott “taken under his wing” over the past year.
He goes on to add that “senior Anfield figures” have also made clear that they would have tried to extend Sadio Mane‘s deal this summer, had he not decided to move on in favour of a new challenge.
There is also a line that claims Salah “has established a close friendship” with Liverpool’s all-time leading goalscorer Ian Rush, who played a role in persuading him to extend his contract. Now that’s a friendship that will bring a smile to your face.
Mo is staying exactly where he belongs.
3 things today: Two kit leaks and pre-season begins!
??? OK, this one is going to be ????????… https://t.co/5LQdBdK4Go
— This Is Anfield (@thisisanfield) July 4, 2022
- Liverpool’s new away kit appears to have been leaked online and it’s certainly going to split opinion! Which camp are you in?
- Elsewhere, all three of the new goalkeeper jerseys appear to have been revealed, with a new yellow shirt conflicting with previous information.
- Pre-season is here! Preparations for 2022/23 are officially underway and these are the seven things we spotted on day one, including three new faces.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Man United “left Liverpool to Darwin Nunez” because of their faith in Cristiano Ronaldo, who now wants to leave the club, according to reports. We’re saying nothing!
- Former Liverpool wonderkid Ben Woodburn officially has a new club, penning a deal with Championship side Preston North End following a successful trial period.
- There was a surprise inclusion for 18-year-old left-back Luke Chambers as the first-team began pre-season at the AXA Training Centre. The next to break through from the academy?
Latest transfer chat
- Chelsea are considering a move for Ronaldo, who has apparently told Man United he wants to leave if a suitable offer arrives this summer.
- Christian Eriksen is reported to have “verbally agreed” a move to Old Trafford, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Brentford.
- Tottenham‘s Steven Bergwijn looks set for a move back to the Netherlands, with Ajax striking a deal to sign him over the weekend.
Tweet of the day
Luis Diaz is still rocking the blonde haircut and you just know he’s going to do crazy things on the football pitch this season.
The hard work starts here.
? @LuisFDiaz19 pic.twitter.com/MJgbUxKVay
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 4, 2022