On Thursday, Liverpool announced a new long-term contract for one of their biggest talents, while LeBron James unveiled his special edition LFC shirt.
Stefan signs on!
Stefan Bajcetic has been rewarded for his breakthrough season with a new Liverpool contract until 2027, just five months after signing his previous deal.
In a season where the deficiencies of Liverpool’s midfield have been in the spotlight, 18-year-old Bajcetic has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign with the first team.
“It’s crazy,” he told Liverpoolfc.com after signing his new deal.
“A year ago I was playing U18s football and now I’ve started some games, made my debut and even scored a goal – that was something I never expected to happen this year.
“It’s amazing to see how fast it went. But I keep working hard and hopefully [there are] more things to come.”
The structure of his new contract is almost certain to include a number of performance-based incentives, with the 18-year-old likely to receive terms more in line with his current role in Liverpool’s squad.
The news of another deal for Bajcetic, only five months after he last put pen to paper, suggests that there are significant hopes for him moving forward.
LeBron unveils special edition LFC kit
- LeBron James debuted his new collaboration shirt with Liverpool on Wednesday, before becoming the first player to hit an NBA scoring record
- Liverpool have ended Owen Beck‘s loan deal early for the second time this season, with the left-back leaving Bolton after just nine appearances
- Though Liverpool are expected to secure a deal with Wolves for Portuguese midfielder Matheus Nunes, they could face competition for his signature from a certain Premier League rival
Robbo lifts lid on leadership group
- Andy Robertson is one of six players in Liverpool’s leadership group, with the Scotsman dishing the dirt on some of the fines that have been handed out to his team-mates
- Simon Mignolet has been in exceptional form since returning to Belgium with Club Brugge, and has now been awarded the Gouden Schoen award for 2022
- A 24-man Liverpool squad was pictured in training on Wednesday, but among four new absentees there could have come a hint at one imminent transfer
It’s all going on at Goodison!
- Marcelo Bielsa has arrived in the UK to hold talks with Everton regarding their vacant manager role (The Telegraph)
- Meanwhile, Anthony Gordon is believed to have told the club he won’t return having missed three days of training to try and force through a move to Newcastle (Daily Mail)
- Bournemouth are believed to be in talks to sign Nicolo Zaniolo from Roma (Sky Sports)
Quiz of the day & match of the night
How many of Brendan Rodgers’ 33 signings as Liverpool manager can you remember?
NEW: QUIZ – Name the 33 Liverpool players signed by Brendan Rodgers https://t.co/aenZo0rcxP
— This Is Anfield (@thisisanfield) January 26, 2023
Real Madrid host Atletico in the first leg of their Copa del Rey quarter-final tonight.
Have a good evening, Reds!