- Video: Jamie Carragher on his LFC goodbye
- Didier Drogba hails battling “true leader” Carra
- Jamie Carragher: The Heart and Soul of Liverpool Football Club
- Paying Homage: How to Save Money on Kit
- Carragher on Barnes, Benitez and his one regret
- “We all dream of a team of Carraghers” – Tribute to a Liverpool Legend
Ben Arfa “could be used in exchange deal for Andy Carroll”
A report in The Guardian newspaper claims Newcastle attacker Hatem Ben Arfa is wanted by Liverpool and could be used in a deal that would see striker Andy Carroll return to Tyneside.
Last month, the French attacking midfielder was quoted in an interview with BeIn Sport saying “I am interested by Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Today, these clubs are over Newcastle.”
The 25 year old is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury. The report suggests Newcastle’s interest in taking Carroll back to St. James’ Park makes a move for Ben Arfa more favourable.
Meanwhile, another Liverpool transfer target, Blackpool winger Tom Ince, scored twice for England Under 21′s in their 4-0 win over Sweden on Tuesday night. Reds’ midfielder Jonjo Shelvey was also on target, while Jordan Henderson captained the side and Andre Wisdom and Jack Robinson lined-up in defence for Stuart Pearce’s side.