- LFC Squad Review: Should They Stay or Should They Go Now?
- Liverpool FC reveal type of transfer targets they want
- All about Iago Aspas – The Spanish forward linked with Liverpool
- Liverpool FC issue hands-off warning over Suarez
- LFC End of Season Awards 2012/13
- Video: BBC Hillsborough Panorama – How police buried the truth
Rodgers “can’t fault the players” after West Brom defeat
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers claims he “can’t fault” his players and that they “gave everything in the game” following the 2-0 defeat to West Brom at Anfield on Wednesday night.
The visitors completed a League double over The Reds courtesy of goals from Gareth McAuley and Romelu Lukaku late on after Steven Gerrard had missed a penalty.
“The players gave everything. We weren’t at our best tonight, but we were certainly on the front foot and looking to create,” Rodgers told the official Liverpool website.
Without Daniel Sturridge, missing through injury, Rodgers opted to start Jonjo Shelvey in an advanced role and Luis Suarez up front. Liverpool lacked a presence in the box and around the final third and introduced Fabio Borini for Shelvey after an hour.
The defeat sees Liverpool move down to ninth, with West Brom moving above them in the League. They travel to St. Petersburg in the Europa League on Thursday before hosting Swansea at Anfield on Sunday.
The defeat also means Rodgers side has still not won a game against a team currently in the top half of the table.