Haifa decision latest

Liverpool are awaiting news from UEFA as to whether their Champions League 3rd Round Qualifying Second Leg match against Maccabi Haifa will take place on August 22nd or 23rd. The venue of the tie is also set to be confirmed, with a decision due today (Monday).

UEFA are expected to move the tie from Israel due to the current conflict in the country with Lebanon. Reports last week suggested that the game will now be played in Kiev.

Igor Surkis said, “I was approached by people from the Israeli club and also Israel’s ambassador in Ukraine, who asked if it was possible to play the game in Ukraine.

“I gave my provisional consent and said that security during the match would be guaranteed.

“The Ukrainian football federation have already been informed about our initial agreement as any final decision over the staging of the game must be taken by them and Uefa.”

The first leg of the qualifier will take place at Anfield this Wednesday night. Kick-off is at 8.05pm.

More from This Is Anfield

Fan Comments