Sadio Mane is expected to miss the next six weeks of action after the Liverpool winger picked up a serious hamstring injury on duty with Senegal.
His absence due to injury was one of the key reasons for Liverpool’s title challenge failing last term, with Mane missing the last eight games after undergoing knee surgery.
Now, he is set for another lengthy spell on the sidelines, with the club confirming his latest injury on Tuesday afternoon.
Mane’s six-week layoff is based on the Reds’ return to action, when they take on Man United at Anfield on Saturday afternoon.
Games Sadio Mane Will Likely Miss
- Man United (H) – Premier League – October 14
- Maribor (A) – Champions League – October 17
- Tottenham (A) – Premier League – October 22
- Huddersfield Town (H) – Premier League – October 28
- Maribor (H) – Champions League – November 1
- West Ham (A) – Premier League – November 4
- Southampton (H) – Premier League – November 18
- Sevilla (A) – Champions League – November 21
- Chelsea (H) – Premier League – November 25
This is undoubtedly a major blow to the Reds’ hopes, particularly at Anfield on Saturday, with Jurgen Klopp looking for his side to improve their miserable run of form.
Mane has already missed three games this season after being sent off in September’s 5-0 loss away to Man City, with Liverpool picking up one win without him.
That result away to Leicester City in the league is their only victory in the last seven games.
Adam Lallana is expected to return to action next month, having travelled to Qatar to continue his rehabilitation for a thigh injury.