- Didier Drogba hails battling “true leader” Carra
- Jamie Carragher: The Heart and Soul of Liverpool Football Club
- Paying Homage: How to Save Money on Kit
- Carragher on Barnes, Benitez and his one regret
- “We all dream of a team of Carraghers” – Tribute to a Liverpool Legend
- The old man and Liverpool’s backs against the wall mentality
Liverpool 5-0 Nottingham Forest
No. 18 – Liverpool 5 – 0 Nottingham Forest
Number 18 in our Days We’ll Remember all our Lives countdown takes us back to our majestic 1988 team and the day we demolished Nottingham Forest on 13th April 1988.
Many still consider this match be the finest performance by the finest vintage of Liverpool teams throughout the club’s history, Just before Liverpool clinched the First Division title in 1988, Liverpool hit five without reply and Brian Clough’s team knew they had been let off lightly.
Just four days earlier Liverpool had beaten Forest 2-1 in the semi-final of the FA Cup at Hillsborough, and just a few weeks later Forest would finish third in the First Division. In front of almost 40,000 at Anfield, Aldridge scored twice while Gary Gillespie, Peter Beardsley and Ray Houghton also found the net….
The legendary Sir Tom Finney said of the game:Â “It was the finest exhibition I’ve seen the whole time I’ve played and watched the game. You couldn’t see it bettered anywhere, not even in Brazil.”
Ten days later Liverpool clinched their 17th Championship and their 9th in 14 seasons!
Liverpools Team : Bruce Grobbelaar, Gary Gillespie, Gary Ablett, Steve Nicol, Nigel Spackman, Alan Hansen, Peter Beardsley, John Aldridge, Ray Houghton, John Barnes, Steve McMahon