Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool haven’t received any offers for Daniel Agger, with 20 days left of the summer transfer window.
Agger’s participation in this summer’s pre-season preparations have been hampered by injury, an all too common occurrence for the Danish international defender.
Speaking to the Liverpool Echo on Sunday night, Rodgers said, “I saw some stories on Agger, but we haven’t had any enquiries. Daniel is still getting some work done on his knee.
“He’s been unfortunate since the tour of America, but we haven’t had anything, no offers.”
For those who like to dissect quotes and read between the lines, Rodgers did not rule out a move could happen should a club enquire about Agger’s services.[td_ad_box spot_id=”custom_ad_1”]
The 29-year-old’s injury problems have brought his Liverpool career to a walking pace — once the mainstay of the Reds’ central defence.
He did however make 20 appearances in the Premier League last season, despite the signing of £18 million French international Mamadou Sakho.
Last week the Daily Mirror reported that Agger made an emotional plea to leave the club during the recent tour of the USA, before he flew back to the UK.
More from This Is Anfield
Fan CommentsComments are retrospectively moderated. Some could be subject to delays before publication. They must obey the comment policy. Comments load below.
Please only discuss the article above. General chat can be made on our forums at forums.thisisanfield.com