Liverpool v Arsenal
Saturday 3rd March, 12:45pm
Both teams have injury concerns ahead of the game, with Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson almost certainly out for Liverpool and Thomas Vermaelen and Robin van Persie facing late fitness tests for Arsenal.
• See also: Tactical Preview
EA Sports Performance Index bring you the key facts and stats ahead of Arsenal‘s visit to Anfield for the Saturday lunchtime kick-off…
• Liverpool host Arsenal on Saturday with both teams on a high after Carling Cup and North London derby victories at the weekend
• Martin Skrtel and Dirk Kuyt were the goal scorers for Liverpool, with Kuyt in particular having a huge influence coming off the bench
• Liverpool’s last Barclays Premier League match, defeat at Old Trafford to Manchester United, seems a long way away. Although Liverpool will be pleased to see Suarez back in league action having scored for Liverpool in that game.
• Suarez’s goal was just his sixth of the season, despite having had 78 shots at goal with 54% on target
• Charlie Adam has covered the most distance for Liverpool this season, but just misses out on the top 20 for individual players with 142.3 miles covered
• Stewart Downing is still searching for his first Barclays Premier League goal and assist for Liverpool, despite having had 46 shots at goal and delivering 72 crosses
• Arsenal’s rollercoaster season hit a high last week, coming back from 2-0 down to beat bitter rivals Spurs 5-2
• Goals from Robin van Persie, Thomas Rosicky, Bacary Sagna and two from the divisive Theo Walcott secured a famous win for Arsenal
• Van Persie’s goal was his 23rd of the season, coming from 110 shots at goal with 61% on target. That makes him both the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index’s top scorer and most prolific shooter.
• Theo Walcott’s goals were his fourth and fifth of the season in the Premier League, and elevate him into the top twenty players in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Walcott’s goals come from 55 shots at goal with 61% on target.
• Walcott has also covered 128.9 miles this season, behind only van Persie, Ramsey, and Arteta in the Arsenal rankings.
• Van Persie remains in the top five for overall distance travelled this season with 154.2 miles, while midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Mikel Arteta are also in the top 20 with 148.5 miles and 146 miles respectively
• Arteta also covered the most distance in the game with 6.85 miles covered against Spurs, just ahead of goalscorer Bacary Sagna with 5.92 miles
Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Adam, Spearing, Downing, Kuyt, Bellamy, Suarez.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Djourou, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Gervinho, Benayoun.
This fixture last season: Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal
The opening day of the season saw Liverpool’s new signing Joe Cole sent off and a Pepe Reina error gift the visitors a point in the last minute.
Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Mascherano (Lucas), Jovanovic (Maxi), Kuyt, Cole, Ngog (Torres).