Liverpool will host Borussia Dortmund in a pre-season friendly at Anfield on August 10th, according to a report this weekend.
The Telegraph report the lucrative friendly, which would take place a week before the Premier League season starts.
Brendan Rodgers’ side will find out who they’ll be playing on the opening game of the new season when the Premier League fixtures are released later next month, on June 18th.
Meanwhile, The Reds will start their pre-season preparations with a friendly in the UK on July 19th, the opponents are yet to be confirmed.
Following that match, Rodgers’ side will head across the Atlantic for their US tour, where they’ll play games in Boston, Chicago, New York, Charlotte and possibly Florida.
Full Pre-Season Dates
- Saturday 19 July – Away friendly vs team in England TBC
- Wednesday 23 July – Liverpool v AS Roma – Kick-off 5pm CST at Fenway Park, Boston
- Sunday 27 July – Liverpool v Olympiacos – Kick-off 5pm CST at Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago
- Wednesday 30 July – Manchester City v Liverpool – Kick-off 7pm EST at Yankee Stadium, New York
- Saturday 2 August – Liverpool v AC Milan – Kick-off 6:30pm EST at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
- Sunday 10 August – Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – Anfield (TBC)