Liverpool have added another pre-season date, against Danish side Brondby on July 16th.
Brendan Rodgers’ side will now play seven, possibly eight, matches in pre-season. The match, which will take place to mark Brondby’s 50th anniversary, will take place just three days after the World Cup Final.
Rodgers’ side then return to England to face Preston North End the following Saturday (July 19th), before flying out to America where they will play in Boston, Chicago, New York and Charlotte.
They could also play in Florida if they progress in the ‘Guinness International Cup’.
They then end their pre-season preparations at Anfield in a high-profile friendly against Borussia Dortmund a week before the season opener to Southampton.
Brondby are the club from which Liverpool signed Daniel Agger in 2006, the two sides last met in 1995/96 in the UEFA Cup.
While the match will be Liverpool’s first pre-season friendly, it will be Brondby’s last as they prepare for the Danish SuperLiga – where they finished fourth last season.
The match will take place at Brondby Stadium, which has a capacity of 31,000 after refurbishment in 2005, located just outside of Copenhagen.
- Wednesday 16 July – Brondby vs Liverpool – Kick-off 6pm at Brondby Stadium, Copenhagen
- Saturday 19 July – Preston vs Liverpool – Kick-off 3pm BST at Deepdale
- Wednesday 23 July – Liverpool v AS Roma – Kick-off 5pm CST at Fenway Park, Boston
- Sunday 27 July – Liverpool v Olympiacos – Kick-off 5pm CST at Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago
- Wednesday 30 July – Manchester City v Liverpool – Kick-off 7pm EST at Yankee Stadium, New York
- Saturday 2 August – Liverpool v AC Milan – Kick-off 6:30pm EST at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte
- Sunday 10 August – Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – Kick-off 12.15pm BST at Anfield