FC Rostov striker Sardar Azmoun says he would be receptive to a move to Liverpool, but no offer has been made at this stage.
This included a goal in Rostov’s 3-2 victory over Bayern Munich in the Champions League, evading Jerome Boateng before firing low past Sven Ulreich.
He had already scored against Atletico Madrid on November 1, while he set up Dmitri Poloz’s second goal in a 2-2 draw with PSV Eindhoven on September 28.
Azmoun’s reputation on the continent is building, and it’s not only Liverpool who are believed to be interested, with both PSV and Inter Milan linked with moves in the future.
Addressing speculation over his future, Azmoun admitted he would “look into” interest from around Europe, but said no bids had been made as of yet.
“Ajax, PSV or Liverpool? I have not received any offers,” he said this week.
“If there are, then I’m going to take my time to look into it, whether it’s come from Liverpool or other clubs.”
This reflects comments from Azmoun’s agent in mid-November, with Mehdi Hagitali saying that “if some of the proposals do come, we will look at them.”
However, Hagitali reaffirmed the 21-year-old’s commitment to Rostov, with both he and his client clearly keeping their options open.
“I read about Liverpool’s interest in Sardar, but I can say that at present there have been no formal proposals at all—from either foreign or Russian clubs,” he explained.
“Azmoun is not looking to leave the club in a hurry. Now his main goal is to become the best striker the Russian Premier League.
“Besides, Kurban Berdyev is like a father to him, and he would like to continue to work with the coach.”
Jurgen Klopp is believed to be assessing targets ahead of a possible dip into the January market, with Philippe Coutinho sidelined with an ankle injury and Sadio Mane due to depart for the Africa Cup of Nations.
Julian Brandt and Quincy Promes are also rumoured to be targets, but Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has moved to quash speculation over a Liverpool move for teenager Christian Pulisic.