- Liverpool FC reveal type of transfer targets they want
- All about Iago Aspas – The Spanish forward linked with Liverpool
- Liverpool FC issue hands-off warning over Suarez
- LFC End of Season Awards 2012/13
- Video: BBC Hillsborough Panorama – How police buried the truth
- A View From the Paddock – Liverpool 1-0 QPR
Gerrard to remain England captain
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will continue as England captain following their elimination from Euro 2012.
The 32 year old midfielder was England’s star performer at the tournament and has earned praise for his leadership qualities on and off the pitch after Roy Hodgson gave him back the England captaincy for the tournament.
Gerrard, speaking at a press conference on Monday, explained that Hodgson had asked him to remain as captain and that he has “loved” his role for England.
“I’ve loved it, I’ve loved the responsibility and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.
“I’ve had a brief chat with the manager, I’m available as long as I’m wanted at this level. The manager has told me he wants me to continue and carry on.”