- Didier Drogba hails battling “true leader” Carra
- Jamie Carragher: The Heart and Soul of Liverpool Football Club
- Paying Homage: How to Save Money on Kit
- Carragher on Barnes, Benitez and his one regret
- “We all dream of a team of Carraghers” – Tribute to a Liverpool Legend
- The old man and Liverpool’s backs against the wall mentality
Rumour: James Rodriguez wanted by Liverpool
The 20 year old Columbian is lauded as the ‘next Cristiano Ronaldo’ and considered one of the best young attacking talents in Europe.
Reliable Dutch newspaper Elf Voetbal report Liverpool have placed a €28m bid – outbidding Man United who are said to have offered €25m.
Last summer saw Liverpool lose out to United in their quest to sign Phil Jones from Blackburn and Ashley Young from Aston Villa. They are now seemingly looking to do the same to their rivals with Rodriguez, while United are also interested in Glyfi Sigurdsson.
Rodriguez scored an impressive 13 goals from 20 League appearances last season.
The player’s agent, Silvio Sandri is quoted by the Manchester Evening News explaining the situation as “complex”. He said: “Really there does not exist any big news about this, but it is a subject we need to analyse. “In a couple of weeks I will fly to Portugal and I expect to have a meeting with the Porto directors to discuss the situation. I cannot offer more details because it is a very complex subject.”