- Wednesday’s LFC Transfer Reports: FIVE deals imminent
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: The versatile midfielder who can give Rodgers many options
- Pepe Reina: A victim of his own success
- Part 2 of our Exclusive Interview with the Radio City Sports Team
- Simon Mignolet vs Pepe Reina: 2012/13 Video & Statistic Comparison
- Glen Johnson – The debate to sell or keep
Video: Liverpool sink at Southampton
Southampton 1-3 Liverpool
Saturday, 16th March 2013
St Mary’s Stadium
Liverpool run of goal explosive form was brought to an end on Saturday afternoon as Southampton did wonders for their Premier League survival, inflicting a 3-1 defeat on Brendan Rodgers’ men.
It was a game of little positives for the Reds.
Martin Skrtel looked lost on his comeback to the Liverpool defence. Luis Suarez had a frustrating afternoon being kept out of the game by a strong Saints defence and uncreative Liverpool midfield. Brad Jones again filled in for Pepe Reina, who is out injured.
Liverpool’s only goal came minutes before half time when Philippe Coutinho slotted home a lose ball from close range.
The result, along with Everton victory earlier in the day against Manchester City, sees the Reds slip back down to seventh in the league. Arsenal also won to create a gap between the top 6 and Liverpool.
Video highlights from a Daily Motion user.