It’s less than a week until Liverpool kick-off the new Premier League season with the visit of Stoke to Anfield. Yesterday’s pre-season defeat to Celtic may have un-nerved a few ahead of the new campaign but here’s 10 reasons for optimism rather than pessimism.
1. We had a great end to last season and have lost nothing to halt the progress we made since January.
6. We still appear to be trying to bring in a few more players that would improve us further; most notably a left-back and possibly a centre-back and right sided attacker.
7. We look much better than this time last season. Much more prepared for the season. We’re in good shape and will certainly improve on 7th.
8. We will now play a higher line in defence, as has been evidenced in pre-season. This is vital to the philosophy of the team and will in turn aid the midfield.
9. We have greater depth, especially in attacking areas. Last year we called on Adam Morgan and Samed Yesil early in the season, that isn’t the case this season.
10. The manager is learning and the squad fully understand what he wants them to do. No more ‘year zero’.
Fans Are Reading
Fan CommentsComments are retrospectively moderated. Some could be subject to delays before publication. They must obey the comment policy. Comments load below.
Please only discuss the article above. General chat can be made on our forums at forums.thisisanfield.com