Liverpool will find out at just after 3.25pm this afternoon who they will face in the fourth round of the F.A. Cup, when the draw is made at F.A. Headquarters in London.
After defeating Preston 0-2 away last night thanks to goals from Albert Riera and Fernando Torres, Rafael Benitez’s men progressed to the next round of the competition they last won in 2006.
The draw will be made by former Chelsea midfielder Roberto Di Matteo, who still holds the record for the fastest F.A. Cup final goal in history for his goal after 42 seconds in the 1997 Cup Final at Wembley against Middlesborough, and Dave Beasant, who was the Wimbledon ‘˜keeper when the Dons famously beat Liverpool in the 1988 final.
The draw and ball numbers are as follows:
1. Portsmouth or Bristol City
4. Birmingham City or Wolverhampton Wanderers
5. West Ham United
7. Hull City or Newcastle United
8. Hartlepool United
9. Chelsea or Southend United
10. Nottingham Forest
11. Cardiff City
12. Ipswich Town
13. Charlton Athletic or Norwich City
14. West Bromwich Albion or Peterborough United
15. Torquay United
16. Leyton Orient or Sheffield United
17. Southampton or Manchester United
18. Millwall or Crewe Alexandra
19. Histon or Swansea City
20. Derby County
21. Queens Park Rangers or Burnley
22. Leicester City or Crystal Palace
23. Tottenham Hotspur
24. Cheltenham Town or Doncaster Rovers
26. Kettering Town
27. Blyth Spartans or Blackburn Rovers
31. Coventry City
32. Gillingham or Aston Villa
The fourth round will take place over the weekend of the 24th Janaury.