Liverpool deny transfer wrongdoings

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Liverpool have denied reports that suggest they made an illegal approach for a Crewe Alexandra youth player.

Crewe director of football and former manager Dario Gradi revealed to the press earlier this week that a Premier League club had been involved in attempting to lure 15-year-old Max Clayton to Anfield.

Reports on Tuesday then linked the Reds to the allegations as they were linked with a move for Clayton in February 2008.

But according to the BBC, Liverpool “are unaware of any complaint being made.”

Gradi had told the Express newspaper, “Max has come in and told us that he wants to leave right now to join a big club.

“You worry financially for the clubs where the players are stolen from.

“What sort of compensation are we going to get for all the work that has gone into developing him? Any compensation is insignificant for the effort that gone in.

“It’s simple, the big clubs are stealing other people’s players.”

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Fan Comments