Due to logistics and safety issues, the council have been forced to announce potential plans before the title race has been resolved.
The parade would take place on Monday, 12th May, starting at 5pm, with roads along the route being closed from 3pm.
Starting at the junction of West Derby Road and Green Lane, the bus would continue towards the city centre:
- Hunter Street
- Leeds Street
- King Edward Street
- The Strand
- Wapping / Chaloner Street
The council have urged safety advice to the hundreds of thousands of fans that would be expected to attend the parade, should Liverpool end the season victoriously.
The Liverpool Echo say the council urges fans and spectators to:
- Utilise the full length of the route. There will be no central focal point to the parade and the bus will not be stopping along the way.
- Decide in advance which part of the route to wait at and arrive in plenty of time.
- Be patient – it is impossible to predict how long it will take the team bus to travel along the route.
- Due to the number of people coming in and out of the city, it is anticipated there will be long queues for public transport.