Liverpool’s non World Cup players returned to training on Monday morning ahead of a busy pre-season schedule.
First day of training with the team. Very happy to see all my team mates. Ready to start !! :) pic.twitter.com/KNuLHryWZ9
— José enrique (@Jesanchez3) July 7, 2014
Meanwhile, a host of youngsters who could get their chance to impress during the early pre-season games were also taking part; Jack Dunn, Joao Carlos Teixeria, Ryan McLaughlin, Brad Smith, Jordan Rossiter, Jordon Ibe and Cameron Brannagan.
Loan trio Suso, Tiago Ilori and Fabio Borini also returned to training with the club.
The Reds travel to Copenhagen next week where they face FC Brondby in their first friendly, before heading back to the UK to play at Preston North End. They then travel across the Atlantic for a tour of the north east of America.
Full Pre-Season Schedule:
- 16 July – Brondby (Copenhagen) – 6pm local
- 19 July – Preston North End (Deepdale) – 3pm BST
- 23 July – AS Roma (Fenway Park, Boston) – 5pm CST
- 27 July – Olympiacos (Soldier Field, Chicago)– 5pm CST
- 30 July – Manchester City (Yankee Stadium, New York) – 7pm EST
- 2 August – AC Milan (Charlotte, North Carolina) – 6:30pm EST
- 10 August – Borussia Dortmund (Anfield) – 12:15pm BST