Klopp fielded questions on Thursday night’s 1-1 draw with Rubin Kazan, the latest on Daniel Sturridge‘s fitness.
The boss was asked whether he may pair two strikers together in the future: “it’s an option,” he said. “We have to think about how we can take their quality in our game.”
“I don’t know if we’ll play on Sunday with two strikers, but for sure it’s an option for the future.”
On Sturridge’s fitness, Klopp said: “With Daniel’s injury we have to see day by day.
“If he can train tomorrow completely normal, then he is an option.
“Not as a starter, but he is an option. But I have to wait for this.”
LIVERPOOL 1-1 RUBIN KAZAN
- Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: Reds held in Europe by 10-man Russians
- “Reality check” – Liverpool fans react to frustrating draw against Rubin Kazan
- “If only the team looked as good as Klopp” – How the papers reacted to Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan
- Liverpool 1-1 Rubin Kazan: Player Ratings
- Coutinho’s struggle & Klopp’s wake-up call: 5 talking points from Rubin Kazan stalemate
- Jurgen Klopp eyes improvement after “big challenge” against Rubin Kazan
- Jurgen Klopp praises versatile Emre Can: “He can play any role”