LIVERPOOL 2-1 BORDEAUX REACTION
The Reds have now qualified for the Europa League Round of 32, and could clinch top spot in Group B when they travel to Sion in their final group game on Thursday, 10th December.
Goals from James Milner and Christian Benteke turned around Henri Saivet’s opener for Bordeaux, and although scrappy in victory, Klopp was delighted to have progressed in the competition.
“I am very happy to have qualified, the team are very happy to have qualified and the club are very happy to be qualified,” he told reporters at his post-match press conference.
“[Finishing] top of the table is important, but not the most important thing because there are only good teams in the next round.
“We will try everything when we travel to Sion in two weeks, but there are 50 games between then and now!
“We have to think about Swansea from tomorrow onwards and that’s what we will do.”
- Subscribe to This Is Anfield on YouTube for more Liverpool FC videos, including all pre and post match press conferences uncut and unedited.
Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux
- Match Report: Milner and Benteke send Reds into Europa League last 32
- Player Ratings: Mignolet 5, Allen 7, Benteke 6.5
- Talking Points: Simon’s shambles & job done as progress secured
- Player Focus: Christian Benteke showing how Liverpool can get best of him…and his limitations
- View From the Kop: Anfield resurgent as Liverpool secure Europa progress
- Opinion: Why Liverpool’s victory over Bordeaux was vital for more than just qualification
- Fan Reactions: “Job done, winning habit”
- Paper Talk: “Far from the intense, dazzling destruction of Man City”
- Photos: Best of the action from Liverpool 2-1 Bordeaux