Liverpool sealed top spot in group B with a 0-0 draw in Sion, to qualify for the final 32 of the Europa League as one of the top seeds.
Finishing top of the group ensures the Reds avoid the other Europa League group winners, and the four seeded sides who drop down from the Champions League – Bayer Leverkusen, Man United, Olympiakos and Porto.
That means they could face one of the other four teams knocked out of the Champions League: Galatasaray, Sevilla, Shakhtar Donetsk and Valencia.
The following teams topped their respective Europa groups, and therefore can’t be drawn against Liverpool:
Molde, Krasnodar, Napoli, Rapid Vienna, Braga, Lazio, Basel, Lokomotiv Moscow, Tottenham, Schalke, Athletico Bilbao.
The following teams finished second in their group, and therefore are potential opponents in the round of 32:
Fenerbahce, Borussia Dortmund, FC Midtjylland, Villareal, Marseille, St Etienne, Sporting, Fiorentina, Anderlecht, Sparta Prague, Augsburg.
There’s some potentially high-profile ties in the last 32, not least Jurgen Klopp‘s former club, Dortmund.
The draw takes place on Monday at noon GMT.
FC SION 0-0 LIVERPOOL
- Match Report: Bore draw in Switzerland as Reds top group
- Klopp’s Words: Klopp relieved as Liverpool avoid injuries in stalemate against Sion
- Fan Reactions: “This must be what it’s like to be a United fan”
- Player Ratings: Smith the star among a host of 6s
- Talking Points: Firmino anonymous, Brad Smith good, Rossiter returns