We take a look at how Jurgen Klopp could line up his Reds for the match at Carrow Road against Norwich City on Saturday lunchtime.
Klopp’s depleted Liverpool attempt to get their faltering Premier League campaign back on track by ending the current winless three game run against Alex Neil’s Canaries.
The Reds boss is set to have a similar squad at his disposal as his side begin their uphill battle in chasing fourth spot, but Klopp could introduce some of the youngsters who impressed in the recent FA Cup fixtures against Exeter.
- Klopp to have similar squad at his disposal for Carrow Road trip
- But Lallana a doubt with muscle problem
- Skrtel, Lovren, Coutinho, Origi all still missing
- Sturridge improving after four “good” days training but “still needs time”
- Youngsters hopeful of inclusion after positive displays in midweek
- Klopp could consider Ojo and Texieira after cup goals
- Caulker could be handed first Reds start
- Allen pushing for start after another goal-scoring impact in midweek
- Attacking options heavily limited for Klopp
- Ibe in contention for starting berth after impressive Exeter display
- Firmino or Benteke to lead the line
Klopp is working with limited tools currently, and the Reds starting XI could retain a familiar look to that of recent league matches as a result.
With Lallana a doubt however, Ibe could take his place in the Reds attack, and should Klopp stick to the 4-3-3 shape that started against Man United, Liverpool could line up like this at Carrow Road:
The Liverpool boss could see it as the ideal opportunity to introduce Steven Caulker for his first Reds start after heavy recent use of 34-year-old Kolo Toure.
And after an influential – if uninspiring overall – display in midweek against Exeter, Klopp could hand Benteke a starting berth once again.
Those adjustments would see Liverpool line up like this come 12:45pm kick-off time:
The Reds face an uphill task in fighting for fourth place from here, but a win on Saturday would kick the battle off in strong fashion.
Pick your XI: