Liverpool have today announced four UK friendlies that will take place this July to kick-off the Reds pre-season programme before they head to America.
· Tranmere Rovers v LFC, Friday 8 July, Kick-off 7pm BST
· Fleetwood Town v LFC, Wednesday 13 July, Kick-off 7pm BST
· Wigan Athletic v LFC, Sunday 17 July, Kick-off 4pm BST
· Huddersfield Town v LFC, Wednesday 20 July, Kick-off 7.45pm BST
The Reds at Tranmere Rovers, who they last faced in a pre-season friendly in 2009.
Moving further north for the clash with Lancashire-side Fleetwood Town – the Reds last came across the Cod Army for a friendly in 2003.
To round off the four UK pre-season friendlies before heading to America, the team will head to West Yorkshire for an evening kick off with Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium – the first time the teams have met since the FA Cup third round in 1999.
The fixtures show a clear sign that Jurgen Klopp has had a say in the Reds’ pre-season plans, with a far more low key approach than in previous years.
LFC will continue their summer training in California, where they’ll be based in Palo Alto, training at Stanford university. They will compete in the International Champions Cup against Chelsea and AC Milan, then back to London to face Barcelona at Wembley.
Tickets for the Reds pre-season friendlies in the UK will go on sale soon.
Liverpool FC pre-season 2016/17 dates:
- June 3 – Copa America starts
- June 10 – Euro 2016 starts
- June 15 – New Premier League fixtures released
- June 26 – Copa America ends
- July 10 – Euro 2016 ends
- July 8 – Tranmere Rovers (a) (7pm BST)
- July 13 – Fleetwood Town (a) (7pm BST)
- July 17 – Wigan Athletic (a) (4pm BST)
- July 20 – Huddersfield Town (a) (7.45pm BST)
- July 27 – Chelsea
(Rose Bowl; Pasadena, California) 8:30pm Pacific time (4.30am BST, July 28)
- July 30 – AC Milan
(Levi’s Stadium; Santa Clara, California) 7pm Pacific time (3am BST, July 31)
- August 6 – Barcelona
(Wembley, London) 5pm BST
- August 13 – Premier League season starts