Redevelopment work on Anfield’s Main Stand has continued, along with a full pitch reseeding ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.
Liverpool have already arranged to play their first three clashes of the new season away from Anfield, after Burnley agreed to host their August 20 clash at Turf Moor.
As a result, the Reds won’t play at home until after the September international break, allowing redevelopment work to continue.
Most recently, that has included seating to be fitted to the lower tier of the new Main Stand, while the pitch is being reseeded.
This includes stripping the under-soil, before it is relayed and the turf reseeded, ensuring that the Anfield pitch is in optimum condition for 2016/17.
Work on Anfield’s Main Stand will bring the capacity of Liverpool’s home stadium to around 53,800, while interior facilities and the outside of the stadium are also set for a major overhaul.
The project will not be complete until January 2017, with dressing rooms and media areas to remain temporary until the new year.
The German will welcome his squad back to Melwood on Saturday, ahead of a busy pre-season schedule.
Liverpool take in nine fixtures as they prepare for 2016/17, beginning with an away clash against Tranmere Rovers and rounding off with a trip to take on Klopp’s former side, Mainz.
Liverpool FC pre-season 2016/17 dates:
- July 8 – Tranmere Rovers (a) 7pm BST
- July 13 – Fleetwood Town (a) 7pm BST
- July 17 – Wigan Athletic (a) 4pm BST
- July 20 – Huddersfield Town (a) 7.45pm BST
- July 27 – Chelsea (Rose Bowl; Pasadena) 8:30pm PST (4.30am BST, July 28)
- July 30 – AC Milan (Levi’s Stadium; Santa Clara) 7pm PST (3am BST, July 31)
- Aug 1 – Roma (Busch Stadium; St. Louis) 7.30pm CT (1.30am BST, Aug 2)
- August 6 – Barcelona (Wembley) 5pm BST
- August 7 – Mainz (a) 2.45pm BST