Liverpool‘s owners and a host of club legends were in attendance as the new-look Anfield was officially unveiled on Friday morning.
Ahead of the clash, Liverpool held an unveiling event at Anfield on Friday morning, with owners John W. Henry and Tom Werner among those in attendance.
Speaking at the event, Werner said: “Staying here at Anfield is critical to that special feeling that separates our club from equally illustrious rivals.”
The likes of Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, Roy Evans and David Fairclough were also involved, as well as first-team manager Jurgen Klopp.
Klopp said: “This club is built on our fantastic history. Now this stand is better than before, and we have to use this. Starting tomorrow.”
The new player’s tunnel and Klopp’s dugout are also now in place, with the German overseeing work on the latter on Tuesday.
Anfield’s capacity has increased to 54,074, with 8,712 extra seats added to the Main Stand.
Views from the stand have largely not been compromised by the expansion, as was evident at Friday’s event.
Supporters in top tier of the Main Stand will also be able to overlook the rest of the city, such is the scale of the expansion.
Building work is set to continue into 2017 on other areas of the stadium, with the club shop to be relocated, as well as a new fan zone.
The Reds have taken four points from three games in the league so far this season, and will be looking to add to that with a first victory at the new-look Anfield on Saturday evening.