Initially set to be held on Saturday, May 13, the matchup has now been moved to accommodate for TV.
Liverpool will now play Slaven Bilic’s mid-table hopefuls on Sunday, May 14, kicking off at 2.15pm (BST), to be shown live on Sky Sports.
This comes after clashes with West Brom (April 16), Crystal Palace (April 23), Watford (May 1) and Southampton (May 7), with the Reds’ final game of the season coming at home to Middlesbrough (May 21).
They will therefore be on TV for at least five of their last six outings.
Liverpool’s Final Six Games
- West Brom (A) – Sunday, April 16 – 1.30pm – Sky Sports
- Crystal Palace (H) – Sunday, April 23 – 4.30pm – Sky Sports
- Watford (A) – Monday, May 1 – 8pm – Sky Sports
- Southampton (H) – Sunday, May 7 – 1.30pm – Sky Sports
- West Ham (A) – Sunday, May 14 – 2.15pm – Sky Sports
- Middlesbrough (H) – Sunday, May 21 – 3pm
On four occasions, the Reds find themselves in a position to put pressure on their top-four rivals due to the timing of their fixtures.
And finally, United play Tottenham at Old Trafford directly after the Reds’ clash with the Hammers, giving Klopp’s side a priceless advantage.
This favourable run-in should, on paper, provide Liverpool the opportunity to control their own fate.
Though, as supporters are well aware, it is rarely that simple on Merseyside.