- Jordan Henderson out with hamstring injury picked up at Arsenal
- Nathaniel Clyne and Alberto Moreno still out at full-back
- Joel Matip in contention after returning to full fitness
- Daniel Sturridge could feature following illness
- A few members of the ‘Fab Four’ likely to be rested; Mo Salah in need of a break
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana and Dominic Solanke pushing for starts
Liverpool’s XI vs. The Swans
With the Arsenal game coming less than three days before the Boxing Day meeting gets underway, it is understandable why changes in personnel are required.
Because of this, we should see a very different team to the one that strolled out onto the Emirates turf, with changes in midfield and attack most likely.
Guessing Klopp’s lineup these days is extremely tough, with 71 changes in total made this season – more than any other manager – but we could see a 4-4-2 system deployed, with Mohamed Salah used in tandem with Dominic Solanke.
Replacing Joe Gomez with Trent Alexander-Arnold makes sense, with the 20-year-old starting Liverpool’s last five matches in December, and Andrew Robertson will continue at left-back in Alberto Moreno‘s absence.
There is also the option of going with a 4-3-3 formation, with Loris Karius coming in for Mignolet, and Matip staying on the substitutes’ bench for the time being.
Oxlade-Chamberlain’s versatility can see him shine in a midfield-three, occupying a more offensive role ahead of Milner and Wijnaldum.