August is upon us and it is set to be an extremely busy month for Liverpool FC. Here’s the full guide to the month ahead.
There’s two more friendlies, both against Italian sides; the first in Dublin on Saturday against Napoli; then on Tuesday evening at Anfield against Torino.
Five days later, Anfield will host the Reds’ opening fixture of the new campaign, as West Ham arrive.
Three very winnable fixtures to open the new campaign.
- Napoli – Saturday 4, 6pm – Aviva Stadium
- Torino – Tuesday 7, 7.30pm – Anfield
- West Ham (H) – Sunday 12, 1.30pm
- Crystal Palace (A) – Monday 20, 8pm
- Brighton (H) – Saturday 25, 5.30pm
Dejan Lovren returns to the squad next Monday.
There’s expected to be a few more outgoings before the transfer window closes on August 9th at 5pm, especially with loans for youngsters such as Sheyi Ojo.
Later in the month, we have the Champions League group stage draw to look forward to.
- Henderson & Mignolet return – Sunday 5
- Lovren returns – Monday 6
- Transfer Window Closes – Tuesday 9, 5pm
- Premier League season begins – Friday 10
- Champions League group stage draw – Thursday 30
- International transfer window closes – Friday 31
All three fixtures in August are on Friday nights.
- Brighton (A) – Friday 10, 7pm – Amex Training Centre
- Tottenham (H) – Friday 17, 7pm – Anfield
- Man City (A) – Friday 24, 7pm – Etihad Stadium
The under-18s, under new management after Steven Gerrard’s departure from the academy, have Man United as their home opener.
- Sunderland (A) – Saturday 11, 11am – The Academy of Light
- Man United (H) – Saturday 18, 11am – Kirkby
- West Brom (H) – Saturday 25, 11am – Kirkby
Also under new management and playing against United this month are the Reds’ women’s team.
Neil Redfearn’s side will face Man United Women in what will be the inaugural match for the Manchester side. That takes place in the Continental League Cup, with the league campaign for the women not beginning until September.