Keita left the field on a stretcher early in Liverpool’s 1-0 defeat to Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday night, with plenty left concerned about his well-being.
However, having been taken to a local hospital in Naples, the 23-year-old was given the all clear and flew back to Merseyside on Thursday.
Speaking in his pre-City press conference at Melwood on Friday, Klopp confirmed the injury that Keita suffered and says he will monitor his progress in the next day or two.
“Not 100% sure yet. We have to wait a little it, he had a back spasm,” Klopp told reporters.
“He will be in if he can do something on the training pitch. We will make a decision when he has spoken to the doctor.
“It didn’t look too serious so there’s a chance, but we don’t know yet”.
Liverpool face their biggest game of the season so far this weekend, with City heading to Anfield for a top-of-the-table Premier League clash.
Having Keita available selection would be a major boost, with the Reds’ midfield criticised for being too one-dimensional without him.
Only time will tell whether he makes it or not, but it is an obvious positive that the Guinean’s injury is not as serious as first feared.
Klopp also confirmed that there are no new injury issues, and that Adam Lallana is back in full training.