Ryan Kent will aim to carry on his eye-catching form for Rangers this weekend, with the forward among a host of Liverpool loanees in action.
A total of 13 Reds loan players could be in action over the weekend, with Steven Gerrard’s Rangers returning to league action after an impressive late Europa League win on Thursday night.
After suffering a setback at Livingston last weekend, Rangers responded superbly with a 3-1 victory over Rapid Vienna.
Although the first Old Firm derby of the season has already taken place, Sunday could represent Gerrard’s toughest Premiership challenge yet as manager.
Rangers hosts top-of-the-table Hearts at Ibrox, which promises to be a big test of the quality of young Reds pair Kent and Ovie Ejaria.
Both have made good starts to their career north of the border, but Kent is the one who is increasingly catching the eye.
The Daily Record believe “the livewire winger looks to be finding top gear”, following his strong showing against Vienna, having caused “all sorts of problems cutting in from the left.”
Despite the quick turnover of fixtures, it would be a surprise if Gerrard didn’t call upon the Liverpool duo on Sunday, as Rangers look to cut the gap between themselves and Hearts to five points.
The 26-year-old has netted four times in his first seven appearances, bringing a goal threat previously lacking in Mark Hughes’ team.
The west Londoners are fully expected to prevail on the south coast, but Ings will arguably be the player Maurizio Sarri is most wary of.
Derby sit seventh in the Championship and are being tipped by many for an automatic promotion push, with Wilson set to be a prominent figure if they do achieve that goal.
The silky forward is expected to start again this weekend when Frank Lampard’s side visit QPR, in a game they are narrow favourites to win.
Wilson has scored two goals in his last four appearances and it feels as though he is improving all the time.
Elsewhere, Ben Woodburn will hope for a rare start in third-place Sheffield United’s trip to Hull City and Loris Karius heads to Konyaspor with Besiktas, following a bad error against Malmo in Europe.
Marko Grujic and Connor Randall are missing through injury, however.
Liverpool’s Loanees This Weekend
- Herbie Kane (Doncaster) – Fleetwood (H), Saturday 3pm
- Shamal George (Tranmere Rovers) – Morecambe (A), Saturday 3pm
- Corey Whelan (Crewe Alexandra) – Lincoln (A), Saturday 3pm
- Ben Woodburn (Sheffield United) – Hull (A), Saturday 3pm
- Harry Wilson (Derby) – QPR (A), Saturday 3pm
- Adam Bogdan (Hibernian) – Hamilton (H), Saturday 3pm
- Sheyi Ojo (Reims) – Nimes (A), Saturday 7pm
- Danny Ings (Southampton) – Chelsea (H), Sunday 2.15pm
- Allan Rodrigues (Eintracht Frankfurt) – Hoffenheim (A), Sunday 2.30pm
- Ovie Ejaria & Ryan Kent (Rangers) – Hearts (H), Sunday 3pm
- Loris Karius (Besiktas) – Konyaspor (A), Sunday 6.30pm
- Taiwo Awoniyi (Gent) – Genk (H), Sunday 7pm
- Anderson Arroyo (Gent U21) – Eupen U21 (A), Monday 6.30pm
Injured: Marko Grujic (Hertha Berlin) Connor Randall (Rochdale)