The Reds’ visit to east London was postponed due to their progress to the quarter-finals of the League Cup, which clashed with the Club World Cup.
Jurgen Klopp‘s side have now fulfilled all of their fixtures in both competitions, with a youngest-ever lineup falling to defeat at Aston Villa in the League Cup and the first team triumphing in Qatar to become world champions.
Now the focus returns to the league, with Liverpool opening up a 13-point gap at the top of the table on Boxing Day with a 4-0 win at Leicester.
They moved significantly ahead of the Foxes despite having played a game fewer, with City also playing their 19th game on Friday night when they head to Wolves.
The Reds are currently scheduled to host Southampton on Saturday, February 1, but this is likely to be moved for TV coverage, which will ensure a three-day gap between games.
Liverpool’s January Fixtures
- Sheffield United (H) Premier League – Jan 2 – BT Sport
- Everton (H) – FA Cup – Jan 5 – BBC
- Tottenham (A) – Premier League – Jan 11 – Sky Sports
- Man United (H) – Premier League – Jan 19 – Sky Sports
- Wolves (A) – Premier League – Jan 23 – BT Sport
- FA Cup Fourth Round – Jan 25/26*
- West Ham (A) – Premier League – Jan 29 – TV Info TBC
* Fixture pending progress from third round.