Liverpool have denied press reports linking Fabio Capello with a move to Anfield.
Newspaper speculation earler on Thursday had suggested the former Juventus and AC Milan coach had been approached by the club.
But chief executive Rick Parry has totally denied the claims and told the Liverpool Echo:
“It is absolutely, completely and utterly untrue. Capello has not contacted us and we have not contacted him.”
Meanwhile, reports that the Reds 8-0 win over Besiktas was being investigated amid irregular betting patterns have been denied by Uefa. President Michel Platini said “There is nothing in that (Liverpool v Besiktas) no, nothing.
“We have some games under investigation, and one is more important than the other. We have some teams but not a huge amount of games. But there is no national association and there are some clubs which come from the Intertoto Cup.”
Speculation in the media report Jamie Carragher could be rested against Reading on Saturday evening to protect him from the knock he picked up in the win over Bolton and against the threat of picking up his fifth booking of the season which would mean him being suspended for next Sunday’s showdown with Man United.
Jack Hobbs could then make his first league start for the club, he told the official website on Wednesday:
“Carra has a week to recover to the Reading game, but if I can fill in and help out I will do.”
“I’d look forward to it and feel I am ready. I was a little bit nervous when the manager told me to strip off on Sunday. When he called me over I didn’t know that Carra was injured, but when I got told I was on I was excited and nervous. I just wanted to get out there and do it.
“It’s another step in my career. It’s a bit more experience for me and it will make the time easier. I’m glad to have come through it without any mistakes.”