Wigan v Liverpool
Premier League, Wednesday 21st December 2011
Liverpool travel to Wigan looking to build on their win at Aston Villa on Sunday and go into the festive fixtures looking strong.
EA Sports Player Performance Index pick out some interesting players stats ahead of the match.
• Jordi Gomez scored his third goal in four games as the Latics grabbed a dramatic point against Chelsea
• Gomez has four goals so far this season from 14 efforts, at a rate of a shot on goal every 57 minutes
• In comparison, strike partner Victor Moses has scored just once from 57 shots on goal, with a shot on goal every 33 minutes
• Craig Bellamy and Martin Skrtel scored in Liverpool’s victory over Aston Villa
• Bellamy’s goal was his second this season since returning to Liverpool. The Welsh striker has had limited opportunities to shine, but has averaged a shot on goal every 39 minutes 22 seconds
• Skrtel’s goal rocketed him 50 places up the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to 65th place and the 19th ranked defender in the league
• Jose Enrique’s performance also lifted him up the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index in to 18th place, the second ranked defender in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. As well as making a defensive contribution every 27 minutes 54 seconds on average he has added 35 crosses, 17 dribbles, and 308 passes completed in his opponent’s half
• Stewart Downing has been called unlucky in front of goal by Kenny Dalglish, and the stats would argue he is right. Downing has had 32 shots at goal without scoring this season. Only Shaun Wright-Phillips has had more although Downing has the greatest percentage of shots on target with 53%