Luis Suarez “apologises” and trains with first team

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Luis Suarez has issued an apology to Brendan Rodgers and his teammates over his conduct this summer and been allowed to train with the first team, according to reports.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, August 3, 2013: Liverpool's Jamie Carragher and Luis Suarez during a preseason friendly match against Olympiakos CFP at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Yesterday Brendan Rodgers told the media at his press conference ahead of Saturday’s game against Stoke that he would face no further questions on Suarez until the Uruguayan was back from suspension next month, effectively finding closure from the saga.

Suarez returned to Melwood from international duty this morning and trained with the first team.




Sky Sports News say that Suarez has apologised for his actions this summer, which have seen him push for a move to Arsenal, before being told he can’t leave by Liverpool’s hierarchy.

Forward Luis Suarez trained with Liverpool’s first-team squad on Friday according to Sky Sports sources, after apologising to his team mates for his conduct this summer.

On Tuesday evening a Uruguayan journalist revealed he had been told by Suarez that he would stay at Anfield.

Suarez is not eligible to play for Liverpool until the end of September at the earliest as he completes the final six games of his ten-match ban for biting Chelsea‘s Branislav Ivanovic back in April.

To mark the end of the 30-year wait for a league title, the ‘Liverpool Mishmash’ poster is available to order exclusively on This Is Anfield — the history of the Reds in one image!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Fan Comments