Report: Liverpool have £20m bid for Dejan Lovren turned down

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Liverpool have made two approaches for Southampton defender Dejan Lovren, one in the region of £20 million, according to local Southampton newspaper The Southern Daily Echo.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, September 21, 2013: Liverpool's Raheem Sterling and Southampton's Dejan Lovren during the Premiership match at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

 

The 24-year-old Croatian centre-back is seemingly high on Liverpool’s wish list this summer and has been linked with a move north from the south coast to follow team mates Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert to Merseyside.

The Daily Echo claim Lovren will no-show for Saints’ pre-season training later this month in order to force through a move.

They write that Lovren believes an agreement was in place that should a club bid £20 million he would be allowed to leave:

Liverpool are said to have matched that figure, only for Saints to stand firm and knock back the offer, and the club will point to the four-year contract the player signed when he joined from Lyon in an £8.5m deal last summer.

Lovren is said to also be frustrated that the project he was supposedly told about last summer has “completely changed”.

It was reported earlier last month that Lovren had handed in a transfer request at Southampton.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Fan Comments