The new season is almost here and whether you’re struggling for optimism or buoyant at the thought of having something to occupy your weekend, our comprehensive preview will get you fully informed ahead of the new campaign.
There’s seven (eight if you include Divock Origi) new faces in the Liverpool squad, plus new men on the bench next to Brendan Rodgers following the sackings of Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh and appointments of Sean O’Driscoll and Gary McAllister.
There’s a new club captain a new No. 7, No. 9, No. 11 and No. 2- it’s been another huge summer of overhaul for the Reds’ squad. At least our squad numbers are starting to look better already!
Around £80 million has been spent at Anfield, but almost £60 million has been recouped, primarily from the sale of Raheem Sterling.
The only business left to be done is to ship out the unwanted trio of Jose Enrique, Fabio Borini and Mario Balotelli, who are currently training separately at Melwood.
Over at Anfield itself, there’s a huge new roof structure that dominates the skyline for miles around. Fans arriving at the first home game against Bournemouth a week on Monday will see huge changes from the last home game back in May.
There’s Premier League returns for Steve McClaren, Claudio Ranieri and Slaven Bilic, plus over £500 million spent in the transfer market.
We have seven articles to get you up to speed ahead of the season (at the bottom of each article you’ll find links to the next one to read).
- Read what our team of writers predict for the Reds’ fortunes this season – they didn’t do too well last summer, predicting Lovren to be the best new signing and a top four finish at minimum. Will this season be easier to predict?
TIA Writers: Liverpool Predictions
- Follow that up by reading (perhaps laughing) at the team’s predictions for the Premier League as a whole, from first manager sacked, relegated teams, the top four and this year’s Southampton.
TIA Writers: Premier League Predictions
- Sticking with predictions, we’ve rounded up how the mainstream media are predicting the campaign for Liverpool – with a pretty unanimous predicted finish.
- With seven new signings, plus Origi, we take a look at how each new signing stacks up against the player they’ve effectively replaced in the squad. Of course Nathaniel Clyne is an upgrade on Glen Johnson, but what about the rest…
LFC New Signings vs. Departures
- Meanwhile, eight players (so far) have headed out on loan, most are at Football League clubs for the season, while Danny Ward is north in Scotland and Luis Alberto (remember him?) is back in Spain.
LFC Loan Watch Preview
- Once you’ve got the views of our team, you can then listen and read the views of former Reds Jason McAteer and Jan Molby ahead of the new campaign.
5Times Podcast Season Preview
- While Liverpool don’t kick off their season until Sunday, the Premier League is back under way on Saturday, here’s what’s new in the top flight.
Premier League 2015/16 – What’s New
- Finally, in case you missed anything (such as Aspas being officially sold or Manquillo’s loan being cut short), here’s the full list of arrivals and departures this summer. All of the released players (five) have found a new club, except one, can you guess who it is?
Summer 2015 LFC Ins and Outs
Premier League Opening Weekend Fixtures