Lambert, who played with Lallana at Southampton before both made the move to Merseyside in 2014, believes that Lallana can play a key role under Klopp at Liverpool.
Lallana’s £25 million move to Merseyside is yet to prove a true success, while Lambert left the club for West Bromwich Albion this summer, but the 33-year-old has tipped Lallana to improve.
“I think Adam will do really well under him,” he told LFCTV this week.
“I think he’ll give Adam a more important role within the team.
“Obviously it’s hard to become a regular in the Liverpool team because there are so many good players, especially in his position.
“But if he gets a good run of games I truly believe he could be a great, great player. Klopp will get the best out of him.”
Lallana has already impressed in his first two appearances under Klopp, with his hard work off the ball and technical quality in attack making him a key player for the German so far.
The England international’s form has been magnified by the poor performances of his fellow midfielder, Philippe Coutinho.
Continuing the praise for Lallana in his column for the Mail this week, former Liverpool centre-back Jamie Carragher suggested the 27-year-old could be more important to Klopp than Coutinho at present.
“Go back to the summer and when Liverpool signed Roberto Firmino for £29 million from Hoffenheim, it looked as if Lallana would become the odd man out as many were wondering how he, Firmino and Philippe Coutinho would be able to play in the same team,” Carragher recalled.
“When Brendan Rodgers was making a substitution, Lallana would almost always be taken off first ahead of Coutinho but under Klopp, that could end up turning around.
“Lallana is a skilful player but his greater stamina may give him a crucial edge.”
Carragher continued to suggest that “it is going to take time for the new manager’s methods,” but Lallana’s “willingness to run hard” could fit in perfectly under Klopp.
Lining up against Ronald Koeman’s Saints at Anfield on Sunday, Lallana will be looking to continue to make a strong impression on Klopp.
With Firmino returning from injury and Christian Benteke slotting into attack, it is a crucial period for the midfielder to do so.
LIVERPOOL VS. SOUTHAMPTON
- Liverpool vs. Southampton: Team news, odds, form guide & more
- KOP Preview: Saints, Winners and Nathaniel Clyne Crossing the Divide
- Jurgen Klopp expecting fierce contest against “well organised” Southampton
- Liverpool assessing Daniel Sturridge’s injury “day by day” – Jurgen Klopp
- Jurgen Klopp: Christian Benteke and Daniel Sturridge “can play together”
- Jurgen Klopp praises “spectacular” Mamadou Sakho after Rubin Kazan heroics
- Lucas Leiva confident of adapting under Jurgen Klopp: “I’m always learning”
- Ronald Koeman “confident” of victory over Jurgen Klopp’s “very different Liverpool”