Klopp goes in search of claiming his first win as Reds boss at the fourth time of asking when the Cherries arrive at Anfield.
A place in the quarter-finals of the competition awaits the winner and the German will be looking to ensure his Reds are in the hat for the draw following a hopefully improved display and result.
With the game set to be Liverpool’s fourth in 11 days Klopp has hinted he will make changes to his side, and we take a look at who could feature in his XI.
- Klopp confirms changes will be made as he mulls over how many to make
- Benteke ruled out with knee injury
- Sturridge “still not available” as on-going knee injury improves “but not quick enough” to take part
- Clyne, Moreno, Emre Can and Coutinho among those in need of a rest after 3 games in 8 days
- Joao Carlos Teixeira expected to start
- Youngsters Connor Randall and Cameron Brannagan could feature
- James Milner missing as he serves a one-match ban
The Liverpool XI
The Liverpool boss has confirmed that he will make changes to his side but with the need to improve performances and start picking up results, Klopp could make only a handful of adjustments to ensure a strong team takes part.
With Nathaniel Clyne having started 13 of the 14 games this season, he will make way for youngster Randall, while Joe Allen and Brannagan offer the chance for Lucas and Emre Can to have the night off.
Firmino is expected to start, and the late injury to Benteke could push the Brazilian into the No.9 position up front.
Midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira is in line to make his full Liverpool debut, while Kolo Toure could come into the back four to replace Martin Skrtel.
That means full debuts for Teixeira, Randall and Brannagan.
Wednesday’s game may not be the most significant but it is certainly one of real importance as Klopp finally looks to secure his first win in charge.
- See Also: Three to rest & start vs. Bournemouth
- Watch in full: Jurgen Klopp’s pre-Bournemouth press conference
Pick your team: