Liverpool defender Kolo Toure is determined to fight for a new contract as his current deal enters its final weeks.
As it stands the former Ivory Coast international, who turns 35 in March, has three months left at Anfield as no new offer has been made by the club.
Toure signed a one-year extension last May but the pending summer arrival of Schalke centre-back Joel Matip on a free transfer would appear to suggest the former Arsenal and Manchester City centre-back is on his way out.
However, he is refusing to accept this is the end and has been encouraged by a recent run in the side which, due to injuries, has seen him start the last two matches.
“I’ve not been told anything. I am just enjoying every second of being at Liverpool Football Club,” said Toure, who has made 16 appearances so far this season.
“I am a fighter. The future is not the most important thing for me. What’s important is what’s happening for me right now.
“I’m in the team at the moment and I am showing every game that I’m still here.
“It doesn’t matter what other people say, I’m very happy and I always give 100 percent for this club.
“Sometimes you can make people change their minds by performing well and that’s my challenge right now.
“I can show people by my games that I’m still a top player. That’s all I can do and I will fight until the end.
“I’ve not had any offers for next season yet but if I keep playing like I am at the moment then I’m sure doors will open.”
He is likely to start again in the second leg at Anfield this Thursday as he looks to secure his place in Sunday’s team for the Capital One Cup final against former side City.
“We can’t think about Wembley because the next game is the most important one,” he added.
“If you don’t perform on Thursday, you won’t play on Sunday.
“It’s up to the manager to decide what players play. We have a big squad.
“Whatever players play we need to qualify and then go to Wembley and try to win the final.
“When you win, you don’t feel the tiredness. It’s really important we win this second leg.”