The Reds will begin the new season at Vicarage Road, taking on Marco Silva’s Hornets, who finished 17th in the English top flight last term.
Initially scheduled as a 3pm kickoff, the fixture has been moved to 12.30pm (BST) on August 12, to be shown live on Sky Sports.
The Reds have had four more of their first seven Premier League games moved to suit broadcasting demands.
Liverpool Fixture Changes, August & September
- Watford (A) – 12.30pm, August 12 – Sky Sports
- Crystal Palace (H) – 3pm, August 19 – Not on UK TV *
- Arsenal (H) – 4pm, August 27 – Sky Sports
- Man City (A) – 12.30pm, September 9 – Sky Sports
- Burnley (H) – 3pm, September 16 – Not on UK TV *
- Leicester City (A) – 5.30pm, September 23 – BT Sport
- Newcastle United (A) – 4.30pm, October 1 – Sky Sports
* Fixture unchanged.
Last season, Liverpool broke the record for the number of Premier League games broadcast live for one club in a single season, after being selected for TV for 29 of their 38 fixtures.
This came with Jurgen Klopp‘s side pushing for a top-four finish, and they are expected to raise their ambitions for next season.