The Reds edged a Merseyside derby by a 2-1 scoreline last week to see off their local rivals and keep their own silverware hopes alive.
While the FA Cup might be lower down the list of priorities than finishing in the top four of the Premier League or Champions League progression, winning a trophy must also be high on Jurgen Klopp‘s wishlist.
And further progression in the cup could well be on the cards, after Liverpool were drawn to face the Baggies at Anfield.
The ties in the fourth round are to be played across the weekend of 27-28 January—just days before the Reds are due to face Huddersfield Town away in the Premier League.
The Reds have exited the FA Cup at the fourth round stage in both of the past two campaigns, so Klopp will be hoping to go somewhat further this time.
It was 2006 the last time Liverpool won the trophy, Steven Gerrard proving the inspiration against West Ham on that occasion.
FA Cup 4th Round Draw
- LIVERPOOL vs. West Bromwich Albion
- Peterborough vs. Fleetwood Town or Leicester
- Huddersfield vs. Birmingham City
- Notts County vs. Wolves or Swansea
- Yeovil Town vs. Manchester United
- Carlisle or Sheffield Wednesday vs. Stevenage or Reading
- Cardiff or Mansfield vs. Manchester City
- MK Dons vs. Coventry City
- Millwall vs. Rochdale
- Hull vs. Nottingham Forest
- Newport County vs. Tottenham
- Sheffield United vs. Preston