We’ve got the latest Liverpool news as the Reds recover from their 3-1 win over Wolves at the weekend.
Elliott’s plea to Salah
“I will do my best [to keep him] but to be just learning from him and in the same team as him is just a dream come true.”
The boyhood Liverpool fan added: “It’s not hard to see the quality player that he is and why he is one of the best in the world.”
Both players are left-footed and if Elliott becomes half the player Salah has, he will be some asset for Liverpool.
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Jurgen Klopp has insisted his Europa League lineups won’t be “experimental,” while speaking to TNT Sports – personally, I just want to watch Ben Doak flying down the right all night!
- Liverpool U21s’ manager, Barry Lewtas, has hinted that Paul Glatzel could go out on loan in January – read the full article here
- Liverpool will wear their purple third kit for the first time when they take on LASK – it’s a bold choice by the designers
Mini loan watch
- Billy Koumetio‘s debut for USL Dunkerque didn’t go to plan. He was sent off with a second yellow card after 52 minutes
- Tyler Morton had a better debut as he set up Aaron Connolly’s late equaliser for Hull, gaining praise from manager Liam Rosenior
- Nat Phillips played 45 minutes for Celtic before being taken off at half time with a “rolled ankle,” so he is fit for Tuesday’s Champions League match
- Fellow loanee Owen Beck was on the opposite side as Dundee were beaten 3-0 by the Hoops. It was the young left-back’s eighth start of the season already
- Fabio Carvalho played just 25 minutes as he was brought on for RB Leipzig when they were 3-0 up against Augsburg
Latest chat from elsewhere
- Pep Guardiola has said Man City “haven’t done anything special” in winning the Champions League – will leave you to debate that among yourselves
- 74-year-old Neil Warnock is set to leave his job at Huddersfield after their next game – it was only the summer in which he signed a one-year extension
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka will miss the next “several weeks” through injury for Man United – their demise gets no less satisfying with time
Video of the day
If you haven’t already, make sure to watch or listen to Monday’s Live at 5 show with Paul Cope and Gareth Roberts for This Is Anfield!
The match kicks off at 7.45pm (BST) and is live on Sky Sports Premier League.