New deal for Clark
Bobby Clark‘s progress through the youth ranks has been rewarded with a new long-term contract at Anfield.
The midfielder has made just two senior appearances for the Reds but impressed during the summer when he registered 120 minutes of football in pre-season with the first team.
His new deal will extend his stay on Merseyside, having joined the club from Newcastle in the summer of 2021.
The 18-year-old had been sidelined since the beginning of October with an unspecified injury, but was listed on the squad’s List A for their Europa League group campaign this season, highlighting the regard in which he is held at the club.
3 things today: Super League stance & Elliott “annoyed”
- Liverpool’s stance on the European Super League isn’t expected to change despite a court ruling against UEFA for blocking it in 2021
- Cody Gakpo surprised pundits with his kind words as he handed the Man of the Match award over to Curtis Jones after the 5-1 win over West Ham
- Harvey Elliott has described himself as “disappointed” at his performance in the quarter-final, tough crowd!
Latest Liverpool FC news
- Liverpool are said to be “looking at” the possibility of defensive reinforcements, but there is “nothing advanced” with either Piero Hincapie or Gonçalo Inacio
- The Reds have got yet another 12.30pm kick-off to look forward to after February’s Premier League fixture changes were announced
- Sepp van den Berg continued his impressive loan spell with Mainz with a dominant display against Borussia Dortmund
Around the grounds
- Kyle Walker admits Man City aren’t in the same bracket as Sir Alex Ferguson’s Man United yet, both overrated if you ask me (Daily Mail)
- Mauricio Pochettino has vowed to bring success back to Stamford Bridge, just a couple more billion and you might be there! (Sky Sports)
- Leandro Trossard believes he knows the secret to getting a result at Anfield this weekend, we’ll see about that! (Standard)
Video of the day and match of the night
It didn’t look like he fancied it at first, but the Kop soon persuaded the boss into his trademark fist pumps.
The game is live on Sky Sports Main Event and you can watch it all unfold from 8pm (GMT) should you so wish.